Monday, July 22, 2013

The Next Level...Or How I Screwed Up By Focusing on Delivery First.

   Frankly, I am disappointed. In myself. With a little more planning, I could have had a much more professional web site from the onset. But the book was ready, and I know that my "skill set" is also in order, so the thought was, "go for it". Onto the Amazon site, and "click".

   This is somewhat problematic however. People now expect a smashing level of professional marketing heaped upon them when they look into something new. I did not and do not really offer that at present. But if I had to do it over again, I would have "launched" everything together. That would have allowed everyone to have a consistent experience, and likely made me look better. Even if my book, my "vital stats" and abilities were unchanged.

   What I would NOT do is focus an endless amount of time on getting lot's of slick graphics working and then throw the proverbial "Hail Mary" when it comes to the book, or being able to speak with people about its contents. This is, in my mind, a troubling trend. Too many beta products with finished product marketing flying out the door.

   So, while I have a modest amount of regret for not giving you more sizzle, I think in the long-term, content will trump presentation. And I will, nonetheless, be bringing a high level of game to the presentation side shortly.

  Time for a bit of Yellow Zebra. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment